12/14/2014

#16 Chewy ginger orange cookies with dark chocolate


Haven't updated the blog for a while...BUT! It doesn't mean I'm not baking these days! I may feel lazy when I think of reading journals (I'm kidding ;p) or doing sports (that's true) but for baking, seriously, I will never feel bored. NEVER.



I baked these cookies for the last baking society get-together. The theme is Christmas of course and I chose this recipe from my Secret Santa. Yay~I wrote a recipe about apple cinnamon cupcake but the one who picked it didn't turn up...Will try by myself sometimes :)



I didn't like ginger very much because of its special spicy taste. But after coming to UK, I just started to love it probably after I tried some gingerbread :) It makes you feel warm and can make the cookies more special. What's more, you can taste the fragrance of orange and the richness of dark chocolate. Hmmm Yum yum!

The edge of the cookies is a little bit hard but the centre is soft and moist. I really like the change of mouthfeel, making the cookies more tasty. Pick a cookie and have a cup of tea! Nice! It's also a good choice as a winter gift or for Christmas :)









































Photo by Serena

The original recipe is from Ruby Tandoh (http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/oct/25/syrup-loaf-cake-ginger-chocolate-orange-cookies-recipe-ruby-tandoh)

没有评论:

发表评论